Not feeling good about the PF66 filter

Pardon me for butting in here, I have the PF66 / UPF66R / PPE and the Wix filter as I was going to cut open each and do a video on it. Seeing the interest here, I was considering just doing a live video cutting these filters open and others could chime in and ask questions on what they want to see more of while I have them apart...

Does that sound interesting to you guys? I would be shooting for this Thursday 8-3-23 around 7pm mountain standard time if I were to go through with it.

If not live, a youtube video would be awesome.

I follow Whip City Wrencher on youtube. He compares the same filter from different manufacturers. But he hasn't compared the PF66 against another manufacturer yet.

I would like to see a comparison of the PF2232 and PF26 for the 6.6 filter media. I know the PF26 is 22mm compared to 13/16ths.

Ordered the bypass mount and hoses today. Should be here by the weekend. Hopefully I’ll have it mounted sometime next week.

zero issues or concerns as of right now. Fitment is great.

Great video. I had ordered a two wheel drive which would have made it easier but they wouldn’t build it for me. Said if I want it it will be a four wheel drive. No explanation given.

Ordered the bypass mount and hoses today. Should be here by the weekend. Hopefully I’ll have it mounted sometime next week.
Got everything. Hopefully tomorrow or Thursday the latest.

Attachments

• IMG_4606.jpeg
    IMG_4606.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4603.jpeg
    IMG_4603.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4600.jpeg
    IMG_4600.jpeg
    275.4 KB · Views: 13
What size are you using for a restriction orifice and where are you positioning it (or is it built into the bypass mount somewhere)?

Well the Amsoil bypass is not going to work. I can not get the hoses to work going into the block adapter.
The trans lines and air conditioning lines are to tight around the filter mount. At this point I’m not willing to reroute anything to make it work.

Well the Amsoil bypass is not going to work. I can not get the hoses to work going into the block adapter.
The trans lines and air conditioning lines are to tight around the filter mount. At this point I’m not willing to reroute anything to make it work.
Hold on I may have spoken to soon. I can’t try it again till tomorrow but I’ll let you know ASAP.

The only guys that I know that make a kit specifically for the 3.0 is insane diesel. They have a tee that they put in place of the pressure sensor and then relocate the pressure sensor. Looks like a decent kit, but seems insanely expensive to me….

Last edited:
Kind of expensive but I like the longer canister. I’m going with the wix until I get my bypass system.
I found some deal in February and got 3 of these for $15 each so I picked them up. The oil still gets just as dirty as far as I can tell, but like you, I like the extra capacity. Plus is has a built in magnet to catch fine debris and it's made pretty well and claims filtration to 10 microns.

I'm real curious on your bypass install. I may have screwed myself on the mounting location you're going to use because I install a 43 gallon Titan fuel tank and it pushes pretty far forward.

I found some deal in February and got 3 of these for $15 each so I picked them up. The oil still gets just as dirty as far as I can tell, but like you, I like the extra capacity. Plus is has a built in magnet to catch fine debris and it's made pretty well and claims filtration to 10 microns.

I'm real curious on your bypass install. I may have screwed myself on the mounting location you're going to use because I install a 43 gallon Titan fuel tank and it pushes pretty far forward.
I designed a different block adapter for the system. I 3D printed it and haven’t had a chance to see if it works.

It will be expensive to machine but I’m already in to it for 500$ so what’s a couple more.

I designed a different block adapter for the system. I 3D printed it and haven’t had a chance to see if it works.

It will be expensive to machine but I’m already in to it for 500$ so what’s a couple more.
I'm interested, if you would keep posting your progress.

thanks

Back